Archive for category Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act
Last night, the U.S. Senate voted on Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act sponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), and co-sponsored by Sen. Rand Paul, which protects the rights prescribed to Americans in the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution with regard to indefinite detention and the right to a trial by jury.
The amendment passed, 67-29. However, many Senators, including McCain and Graham, voted for the amendment because they made the argument that the amendment authorizes indefinite detention.
Moments before the vote, Sen. Paul took to the Senate floor to again voice his support for the amendment and inspire his colleagues to do the same. Below is video and transcript of his floor speech.
Here is an email sent to Senator Rand Paul’s email “list”:
The right to a trial by jury is one of the very foundations of our Republic.
Thanks to the petitions and phone calls from concerned Americans like you, the Amendment stripping the indefinite detention language out of the NDAA just passed the U.S. Senate by a vote of 67-29.
But this fight isn’t over yet.
Since the Senate amended the NDAA, it now has to go back to the House for approval.
So you and I must remain prepared to pick up this fight in the Senate in the near future.
Once again, thank you for all you do. I’ll be sure and keep you updated on our fight to protect the 6th Amendment rights of all Americans.
Senator Rand Paul
You are currently browsing the archives for the Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act category.
NOTICE – This is NOT the National Oath Keepers website.This is the website for Oath Keepers of Southern California. Please go to oathkeepers.org for the national site.
Our motto is
“Not on our watch!”
Orders We Will Not Obey
- We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
- We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
- We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
- We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
- We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
- We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
- We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
- We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
We are Oath Sworn Americans who want the Constitution returned to its legal and rightful place, intact, as the ultimate Law of the Land.
What We are Not
- We are Not a militia.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the overthrow of any government whether local, state or national.
- We are Not advocating or promoting violence towards any organization, group or person.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any particular form of government other than the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution defined and instituted.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the rewriting of the Constitution nor are we asking for an Amendment thereto.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any act or acts of aggression against any organization or person for any reason including, but not limited to; race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation.
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (4)
- March 2014 (8)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (7)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (10)
- June 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (9)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (9)
- February 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (8)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (6)
- February 2012 (15)
- January 2012 (5)
- December 2011 (11)
- November 2011 (9)
- October 2011 (12)
- September 2011 (16)
- August 2011 (14)
- July 2011 (11)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (14)
- March 2011 (7)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (3)
- 80,504 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Murrieta Mutiny: Border Patrol “Will Not Obey Unlawful Orders” From Homeland Security And White House
- ATF Open Letter: BATFE On Guns And Weed
- New Oath Keeper Business Cards
- “Cluster Of Central Banks” Have Secretly Invested $29 Trillion In The Market
- Sheriff Mack and CSPOA: 225 Sheriffs Oppose Gun Ban
- 1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 4th Amendment 10th Amendment Alt-Market Bill of Rights Chuck Baldwin Constitution Constitutional Sheriff County Sheriff Economy Federal Reserve gun-control laws Gun Laws Guns Liberty Movement National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 NDAA Oath Keepers OathKeepers Oath of Office Orange County CA Oath Keepers Politics Prepardeness and Survival Sheriff Mack Stewart Rhodes Uncategorized Unconstitutional Unconstitutional Patriot Act Veterans
- Using Propaganda To Create New Paradigms – Part OneReuters has published an article, (Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine), that is a perfect example of propaganda, using Saul Alinsky tactics.
- Hillary Clinton Backs GMOs To The Hilt“She [Hillary] said the debate about GMOs might be turned toward the biotech side if the benefits were better explained, noting that the ‘Frankensteinish’ depictions could be fought with more positive spin.”
- Obama Approves Substantial Expansion of Terrorist Watch Lists: “Concrete Facts Are Not Necessary”This article was written by Mac Slavo and originally published at SHTFplan.com Amid an outcry from Americans criticizing the Obama Administration over the possibility that terrorists may be among the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants entering the United States without documentation, the Department of Homeland Security has instead turned [...]
- Something Doesn’t Smell Right About This RecoveryThis article was written by Dr. Jerome and originally published at TF Metals Report I had a long chat with an old friend the other night. Our daughters were close friends at age 4 through 8 before we chased a career into another state. My daughter’s best childhood friend is getting [...]
- Test Your Preps Camping!This article was written by Gaye Levy and originally published at Backdoor Survival There is no reason that prepping has to be a drudge or a chore. As a matter of fact, preparedness can be combined with a hobby and actually be productive and fun at the same time. What kind of hobbies? [...]
- Using Propaganda To Create New Paradigms – Part One