Archive for category Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act
Last night, the U.S. Senate voted on Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act sponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), and co-sponsored by Sen. Rand Paul, which protects the rights prescribed to Americans in the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution with regard to indefinite detention and the right to a trial by jury.
The amendment passed, 67-29. However, many Senators, including McCain and Graham, voted for the amendment because they made the argument that the amendment authorizes indefinite detention.
Moments before the vote, Sen. Paul took to the Senate floor to again voice his support for the amendment and inspire his colleagues to do the same. Below is video and transcript of his floor speech.
Here is an email sent to Senator Rand Paul’s email “list”:
The right to a trial by jury is one of the very foundations of our Republic.
Thanks to the petitions and phone calls from concerned Americans like you, the Amendment stripping the indefinite detention language out of the NDAA just passed the U.S. Senate by a vote of 67-29.
But this fight isn’t over yet.
Since the Senate amended the NDAA, it now has to go back to the House for approval.
So you and I must remain prepared to pick up this fight in the Senate in the near future.
Once again, thank you for all you do. I’ll be sure and keep you updated on our fight to protect the 6th Amendment rights of all Americans.
Senator Rand Paul
You are currently browsing the archives for the Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act category.
NOTICE – This is NOT the National Oath Keepers website.This is the website for Oath Keepers of Southern California. Please go to oathkeepers.org for the national site.
Our motto is
“Not on our watch!”
Orders We Will Not Obey
- We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
- We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
- We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
- We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
- We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
- We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
- We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
- We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
We are Oath Sworn Americans who want the Constitution returned to its legal and rightful place, intact, as the ultimate Law of the Land.
What We are Not
- We are Not a militia.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the overthrow of any government whether local, state or national.
- We are Not advocating or promoting violence towards any organization, group or person.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any particular form of government other than the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution defined and instituted.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the rewriting of the Constitution nor are we asking for an Amendment thereto.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any act or acts of aggression against any organization or person for any reason including, but not limited to; race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation.
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (4)
- March 2014 (8)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (7)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (10)
- June 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (9)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (9)
- February 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (8)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (6)
- February 2012 (15)
- January 2012 (5)
- December 2011 (11)
- November 2011 (9)
- October 2011 (12)
- September 2011 (16)
- August 2011 (14)
- July 2011 (11)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (14)
- March 2011 (7)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (3)
- 83,676 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- 1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 4th Amendment 10th Amendment Alt-Market Bill of Rights Chuck Baldwin Constitution Constitutional Sheriff County Sheriff Economy Federal Reserve gun-control laws Gun Laws Guns Liberty Movement National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 NDAA Oath Keepers OathKeepers Oath of Office Orange County CA Oath Keepers Politics Prepardeness and Survival Sheriff Mack Stewart Rhodes Uncategorized Unconstitutional Unconstitutional Patriot Act Veterans
- Oath Keepers CPT Journal – Eureka, Montana, October 21, 2014By Brandon Smith, Associate Editor The Ebola issue has certainly brought the concerns of the average prepper/survivalist to the forefront of American social discussion, and has reminded many of us that time is the most precious of commodities. When I think about how many people I have met in my years as an activist who [...]
- PENNSYLVANIA OATH KEEPERS AND PRINCE LAW OFFICE CONDEMN POLICE STATE OVERPLAY"We the people of Pennsylvania, Oath Keepers in support of the Constitution of the United States, standing ready to support our local and state police in times of trouble or calamity and to protect the Constitution, insist that our officers stand down in Barrett Township. No citizen of the great Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania should be subjected to the su […]
- The Pentagon Will Use 30 Person “Quick-Strike Team” To Deal With Domestic Ebola PatientsThis article was originally published at Zero Hedge President Obama may have been busy golfing this weekend, and his brand new Ebola Czar may have had more pressing matters to attend than the White House’s Saturday evening meeting on the US “response to domestic Ebola cases” (because clearly the Ebola Czar is superfluous at such [...]
- Police Chief Accuses Secret Service Of MisconductThe Nashville Police Department has made accusations that the Secret Service requested Nashville Police Officers to "fake" a search warrant. The Nashville Officers refused. This is one case of Police Officers respecting the Rights of the residents of Nashville, and it shows they understand their Oath is to the Constitution of the USA and the State […]
- Obama Administration’s Late And Inadequate Response To The Ebola OutbreakThe Obama Administration has simultaneously endeavored to minimize the significance of the threat posed by the ebola virus and avoid taking responsible steps to reduce the spread of the deadly virus. That obfuscation and inaction has placed the American people at greater risk of the lethal contagion.
- Oath Keepers CPT Journal – Eureka, Montana, October 21, 2014