Archive for category Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act
Last night, the U.S. Senate voted on Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act sponsored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), and co-sponsored by Sen. Rand Paul, which protects the rights prescribed to Americans in the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution with regard to indefinite detention and the right to a trial by jury.
The amendment passed, 67-29. However, many Senators, including McCain and Graham, voted for the amendment because they made the argument that the amendment authorizes indefinite detention.
Moments before the vote, Sen. Paul took to the Senate floor to again voice his support for the amendment and inspire his colleagues to do the same. Below is video and transcript of his floor speech.
Here is an email sent to Senator Rand Paul’s email “list”:
The right to a trial by jury is one of the very foundations of our Republic.
Thanks to the petitions and phone calls from concerned Americans like you, the Amendment stripping the indefinite detention language out of the NDAA just passed the U.S. Senate by a vote of 67-29.
But this fight isn’t over yet.
Since the Senate amended the NDAA, it now has to go back to the House for approval.
So you and I must remain prepared to pick up this fight in the Senate in the near future.
Once again, thank you for all you do. I’ll be sure and keep you updated on our fight to protect the 6th Amendment rights of all Americans.
Senator Rand Paul
You are currently browsing the archives for the Amendment No. 3018 to the National Defense Authorization Act category.
NOTICE – This is NOT the National Oath Keepers website.This is the website for Oath Keepers of Southern California. Please go to oathkeepers.org for the national site.
Our motto is
“Not on our watch!”
Orders We Will Not Obey
- We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
- We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
- We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
- We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
- We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
- We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
- We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
- We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
- We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
We are Oath Sworn Americans who want the Constitution returned to its legal and rightful place, intact, as the ultimate Law of the Land.
What We are Not
- We are Not a militia.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the overthrow of any government whether local, state or national.
- We are Not advocating or promoting violence towards any organization, group or person.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any particular form of government other than the Constitutional Republic which the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution defined and instituted.
- We are Not advocating or promoting the rewriting of the Constitution nor are we asking for an Amendment thereto.
- We are Not advocating or promoting any act or acts of aggression against any organization or person for any reason including, but not limited to; race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation.
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (2)
- May 2014 (7)
- April 2014 (4)
- March 2014 (8)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (4)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (7)
- September 2013 (6)
- August 2013 (8)
- July 2013 (10)
- June 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (9)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (9)
- February 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (5)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (8)
- June 2012 (8)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (6)
- February 2012 (15)
- January 2012 (5)
- December 2011 (11)
- November 2011 (9)
- October 2011 (12)
- September 2011 (16)
- August 2011 (14)
- July 2011 (11)
- June 2011 (14)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (14)
- March 2011 (7)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (3)
- 81,808 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Open Letter of Warning to Governor Nixon From Missouri Oath Keepers
- Kremlin: If The US Tries To Hurt Russia’s Economy, Russia Will Target The Dollar
- Oath Keepers to Place Billboard Outside Ft. Leavenworth to Protest Small Wars Journal Article Demonizing Tea Party as Future “Enemy” of U.S. Military
- A statement from Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers and on the ground in Nevada at the Bundy Ranch April 16, 2014
- 1st Amendment 2nd Amendment 4th Amendment 10th Amendment Alt-Market Bill of Rights Chuck Baldwin Constitution Constitutional Sheriff County Sheriff Economy Federal Reserve gun-control laws Gun Laws Guns Liberty Movement National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 NDAA Oath Keepers OathKeepers Oath of Office Orange County CA Oath Keepers Politics Prepardeness and Survival Sheriff Mack Stewart Rhodes Uncategorized Unconstitutional Unconstitutional Patriot Act Veterans
- Border Agents Furious After Fellow Agent Gunned Down: Obama Admin. ‘Fails to See That It’s Their Own Policies That Have Created This’The same day that two Mexican nationals living illegally in the United States allegedly gunned down Border Patrol Agent Javier Vega Jr. while he was fishing with his family in the Rio Grande Valley, another Border Patrol agent on foot patrol was hit in the head with a rock by another illegal immigrant and knocked unconscious, law enforcement said.
- Sheriff Leading Probe Into Murder Of Border Patrol Agent Claims Armed Illegal Immigrants In Military Fatigues Have Been Spotted On Texas RanchesBut now the mother-of-four says she is terrified that the men, believed to have links to the infamous Gulf Cartel, could send criminal associates round to her secluded property to kill her and her family, to stop her from testifying.
- Sheriff Says Mexican Gangs in Military Gear Are Marching Through South TexasAn often overlooked aspect of the current border crisis is the rise in illegal border crossings by cartel criminals and gang members. This goes mostly unreported because it doesn’t fit the media narrative of only innocent toddlers crossing the border.
- The Nail In The Petrodollar Coffin: Gazprom Begins Accepting Payment For Oil In Ruble, YuanAccording to Russia's RIA Novosti, citing business daily Kommersant, Gazprom Neft has agreed to export 80,000 tons of oil from Novoportovskoye field in the Arctic; it will accept payment in rubles, and will also deliver oil via the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline (ESPO), accepting payment in Chinese yuan for the transfers.
- Turkey’s Erdogan Comes Closer To RussiaTurkey’s Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, is nothing if not a political survivor. After weathering a US led year-long attempt to oust him for his failure to execute a Turkish military ground war to topple Bashar al Assad in neighboring Syria, now Erdogan, a student of Realpolitik perhaps even more than the Koran, is looking abroad for new strategic alli […]
- Border Agents Furious After Fellow Agent Gunned Down: Obama Admin. ‘Fails to See That It’s Their Own Policies That Have Created This’